Managing enterprise software assets requires defining applicable policies and processes and applying them during your software asset management activities. In doing so, you can answer questions like:
- What governance, compliance and financial policies are relevant for us?
- What is our internal governance structure?
- Who is responsible for the policies; how are they maintained; and what are the duties and obligations of the owners?
- What processes are needed to ensure adherence to our policies?
- What processes are needed to define activities in the asset management lifecycle, from request to retirement?
- Who are the process owners, and what are their roles and responsibilities?
This guide was developed to ensure policy and process needs were defined and addressed in conjunction with technology deployment to deliver a complete software asset management solution.