Background and Challenge
A Fortune 500 Energy Services Company partnered with Evergreen to transform their complex IT Service Management (ITSM) environment. They reached an industry-leading operational state built upon HP Service Manager, Asset
Once operational, the client needed a cost-effective way to build on their initial success. They knew it was critical to provide excellent user support and to continue delivering new and evolving functionality as required, led by deep knowledge of best practices and expertise in the technologies. The client turned to Evergreen and its unique Continuing Services (CS) program.
Evergreen's Continuing Services (CS) Approach
Evergreen's unique combination of highly skilled, offshore Systems Administrators and Senior Developers/Solution Architects with U.S.-based Program Management provided a total solution for supporting, maintaining, enhancing and managing the client's ITSM solution at a very cost-effective price.
While much work is performed offshore, to guarantee we are closely aligned with the client's business needs, every CS effort is led by a senior, U.S.-based Evergreen Program Manager who develops requirements, performs business analysis, directs the offshore development and support team and ensures we deliver high-quality support and solutions.
Evergreen activities provided under CS include:
- Providing high-quality end-user, systems administration and break/fix support and ongoing enhancements for HP Service Manager, HP Asset
- Working with the client's subject matter experts to define business requirements and design and build solution enhancements that meet ongoing user requirements.
- Developing requirements in support of future planned phases, defining and designing supporting new interfaces, system notifications, minor upgrades to the application version and minor enhancement requests.
- Collaborating with client resources to create technical documentation, including logical diagrams, physical diagrams application
- Providing Program Management of all activities required for complete support and ongoing development of the solutions supported by Portfolio planning, status reporting and Quality of Service KPI dashboards.
Outcome and Benefits
Evergreen Continuing Services (CS) provides cost-effective, high-quality services that ensure their complex IT management platforms are industry leading – day in, day out. This frees the client to focus on their job – delivering quality IT services to their customers.
CS enables the client to:
- Operate IT in a much more business-aligned fashion.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality, expert systems support and administration to their users.
- Continue to regularly and
cost effectivelyimprove their solutions and not stagnate into a steady state.
- Take a proactive rather than reactive stance in defining and clarifying upcoming end-user needs.
- Provide high-quality, innovative and
much neededuser enhancements regularly and quickly.
Evergreen Continuing Services (CS) has led to significant reductions in SM incidents and ticketing for this client. Opened incidents were reduced by 62% and opened request tickets were reduced by 44%. These are attributed to Evergreen's high staff quality/work standards and a corresponding decrease in mean time to repair (MTTR). Additionally, opened tickets in AM dropped 19% after the implementation of CS support.
On average, Evergreen CS reduces the cost of support by 47% compared with what it would cost a company to support these technologies directly.
Pleased with the quality and cost savings, the customer has tripled their CS team over the past two years and is in the process of adding support for HP PPM to the Evergreen Continuing Services contract.
ServiceNow SAM Pro Training - Austin, TX