Background and Challenge
A major U.S. distribution company had partnered with Evergreen to reach an industry-leading IT Service Management (ITSM) operational state with a new solution built upon HP Service Manager, HP Asset
Once operational, the client wanted to build on their success by providing excellent user support and continuing to deliver the new and evolving functionality the users required, led by deep knowledge of best practices and expertise in the installed technologies. The client turned to Evergreen and its unique Continuing Services (CS) program.
Evergreen's CS Approach
Evergreen's unique combination of offshore Systems Administration and Senior Developers with U.S.-based Program Management and Solutions Architecture provided a complete solution for maintaining, enhancing and managing the client's ITSM solution at a cost-effective price.
Continuing Services from Evergreen align well with the client's systems development lifecycle (SDLC). While much work is performed offshore, to guarantee Evergreen is closely aligned with the client's business needs, the effort is led by a senior U.S.-based Evergreen resource who develops requirements, performs business analysis, directs the offshore development and support team and ensures that Evergreen delivers high-quality support and ongoing solution enhancements.
Examples of Evergreen support provided to the client under CS include:
- Providing end-user, systems administration and break/fix support and ongoing enhancements for HP Service Manager, HP Asset
- Working with the client's subject matter experts to define business requirements and design and build solution enhancements that meet corporate release standards.
- Developing requirements in support of future planned phases such as Request Management; defining and designing system changes based on release requests such as interface changes; and creating new interfaces, system notifications, minor upgrades to the application version and minor enhancement requests.
- Creating and reviewing functional requirements documents for use during the design-and-build stages.
- Collaborating with client resources to create technical documentation, including logical diagrams, physical diagrams, application architecture and
Outcome and Benefits
Evergreen CS provides cost-effective, high-quality continuing services that free the client to focus on their mission – delivering quality services to their customers.
By providing complete, turnkey solutions support and program management, CS enables the client to:
- Operate IT in a more business-aligned fashion.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality, expert systems support and administration to their users.
- Continue to improve their solution after reaching initial operational capability and not stagnate into a steady state.
- Take a proactive rather than reactive stance in defining and clarifying upcoming end-user needs.
- Provide high-quality, innovative and
much neededuser enhancements regularly and quickly.
Evergreen has extensive experience deploying and managing the vast majority of the HP software portfolio and thus has the depth of expertise, methodologies and best practices experience to ensure that CS is well supported by deep, practical capability.
Evergreen delivers strategic value by focusing on business, rather than technology outcomes supported by ITIL and other best practices appropriate for your business.
Staying Ahead of the Game: Continuous Improvement and Innovation in IT Services