This is not your typical workshop
Many organizations struggle to build viable IT Service Catalogs. It can be a complex enterprise effort. What are the best practices? What are the key issues? How can you get your team on the same page regarding the challenges you face and how best to address them?
Evergreen’s private, on-site Service Catalog Workshop does this in one day – educating your team on Service Catalog fundamentals, reaching a common understanding and helping you understand the key components you need to build a plan for the future.
The morning session begins by educating you on Service Catalog essentials, best practices and common language and concepts for a consistent base understanding. Then, demonstration of a potential "future state" customer self-service catalog and portal experience leads to discussion of design concepts and CMS alternatives for developing your own engaging, intuitive Service Catalog. The afternoon builds on that with exploration and visual hands-on learning in the design and use of a common Service Taxonomy Model to organize and manage your stable of Services, followed by a hands-on exploration and use of a Service Design Process, which is a set of templates that enable you to build complete, consistent services. The day wraps up with a question and answer session where potential next steps are identified.
Your team spends the day with industry experts and works together to learn new concepts, problem solve, test ideas, advance your knowledge and build a common basis for communication and planning going forward. This one-day workshop can literally save you months of education and consensus building – rapidly accelerating your Service Catalog program and sharpening its focus.
|9:00 - 10:30||Service Catalog Best Practices Workshop||
|10:30 - 10:45||Break|
|10:45 - Noon||ServiceNow Service Catalog Demo & Design Feedback||
|Noon - 1:00||Lunch Break|
|1:00 - 2:30||Service Taxonomy Best Practice & Design||
|2:30 - 2:45||Break|
|2:45 - 4:00||Service Design Package Workshop||
|4:00 - 4:30||Q & A||
The Service Catalog is the face of IT to the customer. It must be beautiful, simple and complete.
Workshop attendees are able to:
- Better understand the next wave of service-driven IT and how it applies to their business
- Understand their current maturity, challenges and opportunities
- Get a clear, common view of a powerful, potential future state
- Work together on the key areas of Service Catalog, Service Taxonomy and Service Design Process, while learning from expert consultants
- Learn how a services design strategy can actually reduce and simplify the number of services IT delivers
- Learn the value of a services ownership matrix (RACI) to ensure services remain viable and current
- Understand a lifecycle approach to create and maintain a durable Service Catalog
- Gain a common “team” understanding of the challenges you face and the potential value of a solution, while saving months getting there
- Gain a clear understanding of the difference between Service Portfolio and Service Catalog and learn how to use both to create a sustainable approach to building IT as a Service
- Learn the critical elements in designing a Service, along with the importance of developing your Service Taxonomy.
PAST PARTICIPANTS SAY...
"I spend so much time tactically – this day I was strategic. Thank you Evergreen." -Lois B.
"Great help building a working knowledge from Service Portfolio to Demand Management to Service Catalog, right down to building a Service." - David K.
"Wow – we started with business issues and ended with actionable plans." - Victoria M.
"Demand Management was well explained and directly relevant to our focus now." - Iris B.
"Expert facilitators, & the knowledge sharing and open discussions with co-workers were invaluable." - Tony R.